Ever since I was 4 years old I remember my mum making a million recipes with pumpkin as soon as fall hit. She would use it in soups, risottos, pasta dishes and everything under the sun. My mum would always buy lots of pumpkins and conserve the puree and it is something I have been doing myself for the past 10 years.
Why should you be eating more pumpkin this fall?
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A;
- It is loaded with so many vitamins including vitamin C, B2, and vitamin E;
- It is loaded with minerals including potassium, manganese, copper, and iron;
- It is also loaded with antioxidants
- It is rich in fibre
This recipe will definitely make you fall in love with food preservation techniques
It is so simple to make and really does not take much time at all but makes such a huge difference in many recipes. Homemade pumpkin puree is so much tastier than canned pumpkin puree. It is sweeter, more delicate, and creamier.
All you need is 2 ingredients
- 1.5 – 2 kg of pumpkin
- You need to Preheat the oven;
- Cut in half
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and any stringy parts
- Sprinkle with salt
- Put face down on a piece of baking paper
- Roast the pumpkin for 40 – 60 minutes
- Scoop out the flesh and place in your blender
- Blend the pumpkin.
And there you have it – easy peasy homemade pumpkin puree.
Keep following my blog as I will be posting lots of recipes using this amazing pumpkin Puree. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram