Lately, we have not been attending too many social events or going out much. We had a special occasion to celebrate and I decided to create some party food and open a nice bottle of Moscato d-Asti and celebrate at home. One of the recipes I recreated is one of my favourite from my brother’s wedding which was dates stuffed with beef kofta wrapped in bacon. This recipe is amazing for thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other holiday and can even be made kosher by using beef fry instead of bacon.
PS Im sorry the photos are not amazing I will take better ones next time I make these delicious kofta dates 🙂
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small yellow onion (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 24 Medjool dates
- 12 smoked bacon strips
Instructions to make the kofta stuffed dates
- Preheat oven to 200 Celcius (400 F)
- toast the pine nuts lightly in a frying pan
- Slice open dates lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through. Remove and discard pits.
- Combine the meat mince, onion, garlic, spices, and toasted pine nuts in a large bowl. Form the mixture into log shapes to fit into the dates by, each about one heaping tablespoon.
- Stuff dates with meat mixture.
- Wrap each date with bacon; place on a rack set over a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Enjoy they are absolutely delicious
Health benefits of Kofta stuffed dates
Dates have a very interesting nutrition profile. They are high in fibre. Fibre is essential for your gut health and to also control many conditions such as PCOS, IBS, constipation and more. They are high in antioxidants so they are great addition to any diet. They are high in carbs so adding protein to them like the above recipe makes them the perfect snack and can be used even by those with insulin resistance.
Take a look at my recipe section for more recipes.