Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? These cookies are actually great to have at any time of the day and they are the perfect breakfast for those who need to grab something on the go and they are full of ingredients that are good for your health and great for your PCOS.
Why is breakfast essential for PCOS
Women’s bodies are highly sensitive to scarcity. Our body’s priorities are to survive and reproduce. If we do not consume enough nutrients out body will go into survival mode which means they will go into fat storing mode
After a 12 hour fast at night, it’s extremely important to get your body fueled in the morning especially if you suffer from PCOS. This helps not only jump start your metabolism but also prevents a cortisol spike. Our bodies feel stressed when fasting so its essential to have breakfast when waking up.
Women who are of reproductive age should ideally not spend more than 12 hours without eating. Rolled oats provide fiber, and healthy carbohydrates which help to wake our muscles, our digestive system, and our mind. These cookies might look like a treat, but they’re secretly a well-balanced meal.
YIELD: 8 cookies (2 per serving)
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
¾ cup Super7 nut butter from munch a bunch(Use any other brand) can also be substituted for Sunbutter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ cup ground flaxseeds
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup oats
¼ cup (2 scoops) Vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup or more mini chocolate chips
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking tray with parchment paper or silicone liner.
2. Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and combine well.
3. Shape the dough into 8 tennis ball shapes, and place on the tray. Flatten the cookies with a fork. (I find this technique helps the cookies keep their shape better)
4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool.
5. Serve, or store in the refrigerator for later in the week.
Note: These cookies also freeze well so you can prepare more and freeze them.
Like these recipes? I offer loads of PCOS friendly recipes in my PCOS blueprint program
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram